Welcome to Cameraworks, we're a film and tv equipment rental company in Shoreditch.
* All hire prices are inc. VAT.
* All hire prices are exc. VAT.
Our booking team can guide you through insurance needs, but the following points are useful to provie you with an overview:
Where the value of the equipment is £30,000 or below and you wish to purchase insurance cover from us, the following applies:
1. PRICING FOR OUR INSURANCE COVER
2. CHARGES TO YOU IN THE EVENT DAMAGED OR MISSING EQUIPMENT
TERMS OF PURCHASING INSURANCE FROM CAMERAWORKS
"For the additional payment of a 18% damage waiver to us, our Insurance providers have agreed to waive their rights of subrogation against the you the Customer. This means that in the event that the Equipment or Goods hired to you are lost or damaged, our insurers will not seek to recover any costs directly from you. In the event of a claim you will however be responsible for the payment of Cameraworks Insurance Policy Excess of £350.00. In the event that loss or damage/repair costs are below £350.00 then a claim cannot be made and you will be charged the related cost.
As our Customer you will work with and offer every assistance to the Company’s Insurers when a claim is being investigated under Cameraworks Insurance Policy. You will maintain at all times a duty of care when responsible for the Equipment or Goods that have been hired to you and be mindful of your need to comply with the terms and conditions of the company.
We reserve the right to decline offering insurance for any reason.
You may work for a production company who have an existing annual policy already, in which case, send it to us and we will check it over.
If you don't have an annual insurance policy, you can get ‘one off’ cost effective cover for your shoot, which is quick and easy to get. We recommend Performance, you can fill in a form online and get policy documents right away.
Remember, it's 'hired in equipment cover' we are looking for, anything else such as public and employer liability, producers indemnity, own contents cover etc is down to your own needs for your production.
3 THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND WHEN PURCHASING:
We see lots of policies and know the common mistakes, these pointers should help:
1. THE NAME AND ADDRESS ON THE POLICY SHOULD BE THE HIRER: Whether you are a company, a charity, or just you, the policy needs to have the hirers name and address on it (not a production title, your clients name or someone elses name).
2. ASK US FOR THE EQUIPMENT VALUATION: Please don't look things up online or guess. Please ask us what's needed to make sure everything is 100% covered.
3. INCLUDE PICK UP AND DROP OFF DATES, NOT JUST THE SHOOT DATES: The kit needs to be insured by you the whole time its away from us - and not just when its actually shooting. So the start date will need to be when you collect the kit (or have it delivered) and the end date is when it arrives back with us.
OTHER INSURANCE COMPANIES WE LIKE AND RECOMMEND: